Tuesday 5th July, 2016

After my cousins had left, Ry and I got picked up at 3pm and embarked on a 2 hour journey over to Ubud where we were staying at the gorgeous Rijasa Agung Resort and Villas.

The room was beautiful…

bali 2

…and the views from our balcony were even better; lush greenery as far as the eye could see!


We headed down to the restaurant for dinner which was pretty good and cheap but nothing note-worthy.

After dinner, Ry finished editing our first travel vlog and I read a bit more before heading to bed.

Wednesday 6th July

We took the 11am shuttle bus into town and had a look around the palace where they dropped us off.

4 5 6

The Art Market was also incredible, full of jewellery, clothes, ornaments and art prints.

I wanted to buy so much stuff there but limited myself to a little silver hamsa-hand necklace and a red playsuit which will be making its debut later on in this post 😉




From town, we walked 20 minutes to the Monkey Forest which was pretty fun until a monkey stole my empty water bottle.

9 10

There are lots of great looking places to eat in the area and we went for a delicious burger and curry at De’warang Ubud for lunch.


At 6pm, we took the shuttle bus back to the villa where we chilled for the rest of the night.


Love a cheeky Snapchat sesh.

13 14

Thursday 7th July

This was a chill day of editing vlogs, reading, ordering room service, making the most of having the gorgeous infinity pool to ourselves and sunbathing.

15 16 17 18 19

At 7.30pm, we popped into town for a mediocre dinner and slept for 2 hours that night.

Friday 8th July

On 2 hours sleep, we were picked up from the resort at 2.30am, along with our soon-to-be new friends, Dorea and Wenqi.

We stopped off at a local coffee plantation for banana and chocolate pancakes and hot drinks but it actually made me feel a bit sick eating at that time in the morning, having just woken up.

Our driver then took us to the base of the hike, 15 minutes away and we met our lovely guide, Wyan.

After a few hours of hiking, we watched the sunrise which was pretty cool but not as spectacular as I had hoped it would be.

20 21 21a

After the sunrise, most people headed back down, but not us.

We decided to go to the top…

22 23 24

… and head back the long way down, which took 6 hours.

A 6 hour hike on 2 hours sleep was definitely one of the most difficult things I’ve ever done, especially since I didn’t even have hiking boots on and there were so many steep parts with loose rocks.

The views were worth it, though!


Once we reached the bottom, I had never been so glad to get into a car.

We got back to the hotel at around 11.30am, showered and slept.

At 7pm, we ended the night with a delicious dinner with Dorea and Wenqi at a popular restaurant for roast duck called Bebek Bengil in town.


Saturday 9th July

At 12pm, we were whisked off to Seminyak.

Our taxi driver was very chatty and informative, telling us about Hindu culture and that we were travelling on the day of metal-worship (the material, not the music).

He also mentioned that after giving birth, the husband has to clean the wife’s placenta, put it in a coconut, bury it in the garden and put a stone of top. This was believed to be a blessing for the child.

You learn something new every day 😉

We arrived in Seminyak at around 2pm.

After dropping our luggage off in our room, we walked around the local area, dipping in and out of the cute shops.


We had a late lunch at Fat Gajah’s which was yum.

I had the daily special of chili wings and duck noodles while Ry went for the ribs and an iced coffee.


The Pura Petitenget temple in the dark.


We wandered around a bit more and had a light dinner at Ling Ling’s which was my favourite restaurant in Bali.

I was a huge fan of the décor. Anywhere with murals and fairy lights is right up my street.

The menu of Korean and Japanese street food was simple and the waitresses were dressed as anime schoolgirls, which was super cute!

As we had had a late lunch, we weren’t super hungry so just ordered some delicious vegetables in sesame sauce, a really fresh salad, (average-tasting) calamari and tuna skewers.


Sunday 10th July

The plan for today was to hang out at the infinity pool at the Potato Head Beach Club.

The reality was that I had Japanese food for lunch and felt ill all day so I stayed in the hotel till 6pm.

Tried to eat something for dinner. Ordered soup. Threw up.


Monday 11th July

On our final day in Seminyak, we checked out of the hotel at 12pm and headed to a local spot for an unexceptional lunch.

We got on our flight to Kuala Lumpur at 17.20 and arrived at the Orange Hotel Kuchai Lama at night.

It’s a plain and simple hotel, a 10 minute taxi ride from the city centre.

We grabbed a late night dinner from across the road and slept, excited for adventures in a new country.


Leave a Reply