Thursday 3rd November, 2016
Starting our day with a trek up to Laguna Lookout.
Yes, I have a serious problem.
The rest of the day:
- Wandered around Hastings Street (filled with expensive shops and restaurants)
- Sunbathed at Main Beach
- I finally got round to reading How to Kill a Mockingbird and liked it. Atticus is great.
- Flat noodles for lunch at Thai at Hastings
- More reading accompanied by a lemon, honey and ginger tea at Hastings 10 (café)
- Cooked a delicious spag bol for dinner
- Glow party at Nomads which ended at midnight (Noosa is not party central)
Friday 4th November
- Lie in
- Breakfast at 11am: Australia has this amazing creamy fruit yoghurt (I forgot the brand, but my god, it was great).
- Sorted through some photos
- Read by the pool at the hostel
- Walked into town to grab a pie for lunch and a grocery shop at Coles
- More reading and another epic spag bol for dinner
- Watched Friends and the Inbetweeners Movie on Tash’s Ipad
Saturday 5th November
Picked up by Kanu Kapers at 7.40am who took us to the Everglades, one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been.
Here’s a bit of background info: The Noosa River Everglades are on the southern fringes of the Cooloola section of the Great Sandy National Park. It’s an elusive series of tranquil, unspoilt waterways known for its great scenery.
We kayaked from 10am to 3pm and the weather was gorgeous.
The Everglades are often referred to as the river of mirrors due to how still and reflective the water is.
Once we were in deeper waters with no one around, we bust out some sexy (too loud) renditions of the Titanic theme tune, Ed Sheeran, JB, Adele and many more chart toppers.
It quite frankly amazes me that we’re not famous yet.
Just gunna chill back here whilst Tash does all the hard work 😉
Although my arms ached for the next few days after 5 hours of kayaking, it was totally worth it for the incredible views!