Saturday 12th November, 2016
After almost 14 hours, we arrived at Airlie Beach by 7.30am.
These snap were taken at around 5am at a service station
- Checked into Magners hostel
- Whitsunday Plaza for a fry up and peppermint tea
- Walked around the Saturday Markets by the harbour but it was pretty lame and tacky
- Looked around a few shops
- Mediocre ramen for lunch
- Tash had a nap at the hostel and I read by the harbour for a few hours
- Had a drink with a few lovely fellow Brits from our room
- Really yummy dinner at The Village Café (anywhere with fairy lights is a winner for me). I wasn’t super hungry so just had 3 sides: scallops, French beans and one of my fave foods – MASH!
Sunday 13th November
At 8am, we were driven down to the harbour to join the Ocean Rafting team on the Northern Exposure Tour.
If, like us, you just fancied a day-trip to the Whitsundays, I can’t recommend this company enough. It’s so much fun and our guides were super informative and hilarious. Oh, and they play S Club 7 and a ton of top tunes during the whole trip. IT’S A RIGHT HOOT!
We departed at 8.45am and hit up 2 snorkelling spots on Hook Island. Unfortunately, it was a bit wavey and the waters weren’t that clear but Tash spotted a turtle so all’s good!
Later, we were taken on a guided walk to the Hill Inlet Lookout which had the views that I’d been dying to see…
You can see our little raft in this one!
SO HAPPY TO HAVE TICKED OFF THE TOP PLACE ON MY BUCKET LIST! ❤
After taking about 284739 photos, we headed back to the raft for an incredible lunch buffet of pasta, salad, drumsticks, mussels, and noodles!
Our guides even had an amazing lemon cheesecake delivered that they shared with us.
SO DAMN GOOD.
After lunch, we spent an hour and a half running, jumping and bathing on Whitehaven Beach:
MY NEW FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD!
BEST DAY EVER! 😀
So glad I got to share it with this absolute babe! ❤
We even got some sexy underwater shots.
Where do we sign up to become mermaids?
So sad to say goodbye to paradise but I’ll be back 😉
When we got back into town, we chilled by the lagoon, freshened up and treated ourselves to another dinner at the wonderful Village Café.
Although we had big plans to go clubbing, we both crashed way too early.
It didn’t matter though because it had already been the perfect day! ❤
See you in Townsville 😉