These are one of my favourite type of posts to read and I’m sure that if you’re a regular reader of my blog, you’ve gathered that I bloody love any excuse to make a list so let’s do this.
- I was born in Exeter in England in 1990, so that would make me 27.
- I grew up in a little seaside town called Paignton in Devon (the South West of England).
3. I have a younger brother, who just graduated from university with a masters in Mathametics and its Applications (definitely the brains of the family).
4. My parents used to run a successful fish and chip shop when I was younger. We were in the newspaper and everything
5. I studied Sociology at the University of Southampton and loved it (apart from stats. Stats was the bain of my life).
6. My accommodation in the first year of university was next to a crematorium. My friend once came to visit and asked “Is someone having a barbecue in the middle of Winter?!”
7. Flat parties were one of my favourite parts of being a first year student.
8. During uni, I was also introduced to burlesque shows, which a cocktail bar called Orange Rooms held once every few months and I absolutely loved it! We dressed as cats (basic but idgaf) for their Halloween show.
9. At the end of first year, I got my lip pierced because I thought it would look pretty cool. Turns out that having a lip piercing makes it really difficult for you to eat and you have to keep it in all the time, or else it would heal up. So I decided to give it up after a few months because food > everything else.
10. During the second year of uni, I worked at an indie club which was really fun, the music was great and we had free reign on their amazing jalepeno crisps!
11. I have dual citizenship in England and Hong Kong which I’m very grateful for.
12. I can speak Cantonese but can’t read or write it.
13. I want to travel the world and have visited: France, Hong Kong, Thailand, Philippines, Taiwan, Japan, Bali, Kuala Lumpur, Sabah, Cambodia, Vietnam, Australia and New Zealand.
14. My favourite places that I have visited are: The Whitsundays in Australia, Tokyo and Hong Kong (my second home).
15. The top places that I currently want to visit are New York and to go on safari in South Africa.
16. Like most Asians, I adore seafood and my favourite food is fresh mussels.
17. My mum is the best cook and everything that she creates is incredible.
18. I had never had a Japanese buffet or tried much sashimi (raw fish) until I lived in Hong Kong but I’m obsessed with sweet shrimp sashimi.
19. I love Tabasco and put it on about 80% of the meals that I cook.
20. I only started liking avocados after a few months in Australia at the end of 2016.
21. I generally like to eat healthily and try to get my 5 a day.
22. I don’t have much of a sweet tooth.
23. I’m not fussy when it comes to food but I despise raw onions and wasabi.
24. Although I love hanging out at cafes, I don’t like coffee. I’m a big fan of fruit teas and hot chocolate, though.
25. My favourite film is 500 Days of Summer
26. Other films that I love: Lost in Translation, Yes Man, About Time, Friends with Benefits, Train to Busan and Kill Bill.
27. My favourite TV series is The Office (US) (I also love the UK Office and all of Ricky Gervais’ series but the US version just has the edge, in my opinion!)
28. Other series that I love: Master of None, Parks and Rec, Fresh Meat, Peep Show, The I.T. Crowd, Black Mirror, An Idiot Abroad, anything by Ricky Gervais (The Office, Extras, Derek)
29. I love reading and am currently obsessed with Caitlin Moran.
30. Me, Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews is my favourite book. (The Haters is also great)
31. I adore Rupi Kaur’s poetry.
32. I love making lists i.e. ‘things to do, to watch, to read, to visit, to buy, blog posts’ etc.
33. I’m not sure what my dream job would be and I’m currently having a bit of a life crisis tbh. Maybe something in charity? As long as it helps to improve the lives of others, I’ll be happy.
34. I hate the cold.
35. I love being tanned and having short hair.
36. I love taking photos and I have 5 cameras.
37. I love going on day-trips and discovering new things.
38. I’ve always been a night owl and find it really difficult to wake up early in the morning, especially when I have nowhere that I need to be.
39. I try to keep my email inbox at 0. Yeah, I’m one of those…
40. I find it difficult to multitask and tend to do work/read in complete silence. Even music in the background throws me off.
41. I use paperclips as bookmarks.
42. I love scented candles and find it hard to walk past a shop that sells them without sniffing them all.
43. My favourite ice cream flavour used to be Raspberries and Cream at Thorntons and I was pretty distraught when they discontinued it.
44. I’ve been in 2 long term relationships since I was 16 which lasted around 8 years in total.
45. I’m scared of heights, injections, public speaking, rats, turkeys, emus and toads.
46. Swimming is the only exercise that I have found to enjoy so far and I try to go at least once a week.
47. I love buying presents for friends.
48. I love second-hand shopping. Charity shops are great as what could be better than helping a charity by shopping? It’s a win-win situation.Ever since I was little, my parents have taken me to car boot sales every Sunday morning. I love a good bargain hunt and its one of the only reasons that I’d actually get up early at the weekend.
49. I’ve moved house 10 times.
50. I currently live in Camberley in England with Sarah (one of my best friends from uni) and Muesli the pug. I’ve never lived with a dog before. He lovingly watches over me the whole time that I’m eating and doubles up as a hot water bottle when I’m watching TV or reading.