These are one of my favourite type of posts to read and I’m sure that if you’re a regular reader of my blog, you’ve gathered that I bloody love any excuse to make a list so let’s do this.
- I was born in Exeter in England in 1990, so that would make me 27.
- I grew up in a little seaside town called Paignton in Devon (the South West of England).
3. I have a younger brother, who just graduated from university with a masters in Mathametics and its Applications (definitely the brains of the family).
4. My parents used to run a successful fish and chip shop when I was younger. We were in the newspaper and everything
5. I studied Sociology at the University of Southampton and loved it (apart from stats. Stats was the bain of my life).
6. My accommodation in the first year of university was next to a crematorium. My friend once came to visit and asked, “Is someone having a barbecue in the middle of Winter?!”
7. Flat parties were one of my favourite parts of being a first year student.
8. During uni, I was also introduced to burlesque shows, which a cocktail bar called Orange Rooms held once every few months and I absolutely loved it! We dressed as cats (basic but idgaf) for their Halloween show.
9. At the end of first year, I got my lip pierced because I thought it would look pretty cool. Turns out that having a lip piercing makes it really difficult for you to eat and you have to keep it in all the time, or else it would heal up. So I decided to give it up after a few months because food > everything else.
10. During the second year of uni, I worked at an indie club which was really fun, the music was great and we had free reign on their amazing jalepeno crisps!
11. I have dual citizenship in England and Hong Kong which I’m very grateful for.
12. I can speak Cantonese but can’t read or write it.
13. I want to travel the world and have visited: France, Turkey, Hong Kong, Thailand, Philippines, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Bali, Kuala Lumpur, Sabah, Cambodia, Vietnam, Australia and New Zealand.
14. My favourite places that I have visited are: The Whitsundays in Australia, Tokyo and Hong Kong (my second home).
15. New York and going on safari in South Africa are currently at the top of my bucket list.
16. I adore seafood and my favourite food is fresh mussels.
17. My mum is the best cook and everything that she creates is incredible.
18. Hi, I’m Queenie and I’m addicted to parma ham. I get cravings for it (no, I’m not pregnant) and plough through at least one pack per week in front of the TV. How I’m still single is a mystery to us all.
19. I had never had a Japanese buffet or tried much sashimi (raw fish) until I lived in Hong Kong but I’m obsessed with sweet shrimp sashimi.
20. My favourite ice cream flavour will forever be Raspberries and Cream at Thorntons and I was pretty distraught when they discontinued it.
21. I generally like to eat healthily, try to get my 5 a day and don’t have much of a sweet tooth.
22. Brioche is the best bread, whether it be for breakfast, sandwiches or burgers. I will fight you if you disagree.
23. I’m not fussy when it comes to food but I despise raw onions and wasabi.
24. Although I love spending time in coffee shops, I don’t like coffee. I’m a big fan of fruit/herbal teas and hot chocolate, though.
25. My favourite film is 500 Days of Summer. Other films that I love: Lost in Translation, Yes Man, About Time, Friends with Benefits, Deadpool, Train to Busan and Kill Bill.
26. Music I like: Dua Lipa, Banks, Jess Glynn, Zara Larsson, Ellie Goulding, Ariana Grande, George Ezra, Sam Smith, Khalid, Adele, Dodie, Haim, Bastille and Clean Bandit.
27. My favourite TV series is The US Office (I also love the UK Office and all of Ricky Gervais’ series but the US version just has the edge, in my opinion!)
28. Other series that I love: Master of None, Parks and Rec, Fresh Meat, Peep Show, The I.T. Crowd, Black Mirror, An Idiot Abroad, anything by Ricky Gervais (The Office, Extras, Derek).
29. I love reading, especially autobiographies. Anything by Caitlin Moran is always a winner for me. Me, Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews is my favourite book.
30. Guys with the South African accent make me melt.
31. I adore Rupi Kaur’s poetry, like the basic bitch that I am.
32. I love making lists i.e. ‘things to do, to watch, to read, to buy, places to visit, blog post ideas, restaurants to check out, recipes’ etc.
33. I love blogging as a creative outlet because it’s a great way to turn things in my mind into something tangible. I also enjoy taking photos (I have 5 cameras) and writing so it’s a no-brainer, really.
34. I’m not sure what my dream job would be and I’m currently having a bit of a life crisis, tbh. (I used to be an English teacher and I’m currently a support worker, working with individuals with learning disabilities and complex needs). As long as it helps to improve the lives of others and makes me enough money to go abroad at least once a year, I’ll be happy.
35. I love sunny days, blue skies and being tanned. My mood is heavily dependent on the weather. I’m pretty sure that I have Seasonal Affective Disorder but I haven’t been diagnosed yet. I hate the cold and grey skies so as you can imagine, moving back to England has been one of my wisest decisions.
36. Things I really dislike: being cold, rudeness, flakey people, people who don’t know when to stop talking, daytime TV and dead-end towns.
37. By definition, I’m an introvert because I recharge by spending time alone. However, I don’t like being alone too often as I love catching up with my friends.I love going on day-trips and discovering new things.
38. Having done the Harry Potter sorting hat quiz a few times (as you can tell, I go pretty wild in my spare time), I can confirm that I’m a Hufflepuff.
39. I find it difficult to multitask and tend to do work or read in complete silence.
40. I always try to keep my email inbox at 0.
41. I love scented candles and collect postcards.
42. I’ve always been a night owl and find it really difficult to wake up early in the morning, especially when I have nowhere that I need to be.
43. I have ‘carcolepsy’ – I fall asleep really easily in cars and public transport.
44. I generally sleep well but never sleep all the way through the night. I always take at least one toilet break and I always keep a glass on water by my bed.
45. My fears: heights, injections, public speaking, rats, turkeys, emus and toads.
46. Swimming is the only exercise that I have found to enjoy so far and I try to go at least once a week.
47. Gift shopping for friends is one of my key skills. If it was socially acceptable to put that on my CV, it would be the first thing on there.
48. I love second-hand shopping. Charity shops are great as what could be better than helping a charity by shopping? It’s a win-win situation.Ever since I was little, my parents have taken me to car boot sales every Sunday morning. I love a good bargain hunt and its one of the only reasons that I’d actually get up early at the weekend.
49. I’ve moved house 10 times.
50. I currently live in Camberley in England with Sarah (one of my best friends from uni) and Muesli the pug. I’ve never had a pet before so it’s pretty cool. He’s an excellent, cuddly companion when I’m watching Netflix.
I hope you enjoyed finding out a little more about me and I’d love to find out more about you so feel free to comment with a few fun facts about yourself!