Happy Lunar New Year!
Let’s just pretend that this post was intentionally set to be published today and not that I haven’t had the time/energy to pop it up any earlier…
So. Yes. 2022 was quite a big year of changes for me:
- James and I ended our almost 4-year relationship in May.
- I left Shelter after 3.5 years in June.
- I moved home to Devon to stay with my family over the summer while I job-hunted and spent a lot of time reading and at the beach.
- Two of my pals got married this year and I was absolutely honoured to be a bridesmaid Em’s wedding!
- I moved back to London in September after securing my room through a video call from Devon. Luckily, all turned out well and I love living here and my housemates are wonderful!
- I briefly took on a role in recruitment and can safely say that it was the worst job of my life.
- I was incredibly grateful for JSA and UC while unemployed for 2 months while living in London.
- I took on a temp role for a charity for a month (the loveliest bunch) before securing my current permanent role which I started at the beginning of 2023!
Now onto the new discoveries that brought me joy this year:
- From being unemployed for around 4 months this year, I managed to hit my Goodreads target of 50 books and these were my faves:
- Sunset by Jessie Cave
- You and Me on Vacation by Emily Henry
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- The Man Who Died Twice by Richard Osman
- Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner
- Anxious People by Fredrick Backman
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- How to Kill Your Family by Bella Mackie
- My Body by Emily Ratajowski
- Ordinary People by Diana Evans
- Fave restaurants:
- Roti King (Euston)
- Paolina Thai (Kings Cross)
- The Great Thai Restaurant (Oxford Circus)
- Sen Viet (Kings Cross)
- Chew Fun (Liverpool Street)
- Pot Pot Malatang (Chinatown)
- Los Molinos Tapas (Shepherds Bush)
- Arcade Food Hall (TCR)
- Yami & Kang Nam (New Malden)
- Gazette Brasserie (Farringdon – best for desserts and drinks)
- Le Merlin (Hackney)
- Ave Mario (Covent Garden)
- Fave new places I visited:
- Meadfoot Beach
- Lyme Regis
- Exmouth (excellent for charity shopping)
- The Cotswolds
- Bristol (I’ve been before but was so lovely to check out new parts of the city that I hadn’t explored before)
- Finally, fave TV shows:
- Money Heist (They should have stopped after season 2)
- Everything I Know About Love
- High Fidelity (the one with Zoe Kravitz)
- Good Trouble
- House of the Dragon
- The Flatshare
- Big Little Lies
- Inside Man
- Cunk on Earth/Britain
I think that’s enough lists for today.
Here are my photographic highlights from the year!
These collages took me an embarrassingly long time to compile, so enjoy…
Thank you so much if you’ve made it all the way to the end and wishing you a happy and healthy 2023!